Intern at the OAES Media Center
Position: OAES 2017-18 Library Media Center Intern
Organization: Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School
Date(s): August 14, 2017- May 11, 2018 or December 15, 2017
Contact person: Deirdre Sugiuchi
Phone: 706-549-0762, ext. 60280
Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School is currently seeking community members, undergraduate or graduate students to volunteer or intern in our elementary school library for 2-6 hours each week. This is a fun internship opportunity. Many of my interns stay for multiple semesters. I love to provide recommendations for those who meet and exceed expectations. You may apply for an internship for either fall or fall and spring, with preference for those who sign on for both semesters. The last days of the internship are listed above, but dates are flexible according to your schedule.
To apply: Please send an email or resume summarizing your relevant work or volunteer history and listing your general availability. School hours are 7:10-3:10. Ideal times are from 12:30-2:30 Monday- Friday, though other times work as well. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 16, 2017. Please include “OAES Library Intern” in the subject line.
The OAES 2017-18 Media Center Intern will assist School Library Media Specialist Deirdre Sugiuchi in managing the Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School Library, as well as providing Marketing/Public Relations for school events.
Requirements: Background check; reliability.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting media specialist with classes and events
- Helping students in finding and locating books and materials
- Creating displays to excite students about reading
- Assisting in setting up, publicizing, and running the book fair
- Assisting with author visits
- Helping manage the Reading Rock Stars, a school-wide reading promotion
- Assisting in development of lessons utilizing digital media
- Leading book and technology clubs
- Blogging, website development, creating and editing instructional videos
- Shelving, processing and repairing books
- Researching age-appropriate books and media
Questions or concerns? Please let us know via email. No phone calls, please.
Deirdre Sugiuchi/ School Library Media Specialist/
Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School/ email@example.com